Tuesday 30 December 2014

New Year's Resolutions : 2015

The new year is coming in less than 50 hours, so let's talk about new year's resolutions. Or more specifically, what my goals are for the next 365 days.

1. Care less of what people think of me
This is such an important thing it is the first thing on this list. As you know from that few lines of first blog post I crashed hard this year. Next year, I'm planning to be a prefect in my school. I find it weird and anxious making the switch for some reason. I counted all the bad possibilities of my future, all the cons of being a prefect, all the struggles of being a prefect untill my stomach churned. I have no idea why it's such a big deal, but it is. I need to stop caring about what people think of me and just do it. More often than not, people are too busy worrying about themselves.

2. Focus
I am the type of person that tries anything and everything to find out what I'm good at. 
Sports-wise: Swimming, running, badminton, squash, basketball and volleyball. 
Hobby-wise: Illustrating, drawing typography, photography and writing.
I end up knowing a lot of stuff but I am not out standing on any one of them. This year, I will still be active in all these sports but I am planning to excel more towards badminton. Hobby-wise I'm shortening them down to graphic design. I know graphic design isn't a hobby. Being a graphic designer enables me to do all these things. I fell in love as soon as I discovered this possible career path in July and I'm so glad I did. 

Now onto more physical goals of 2015:

3. Do not break the chain!
In 2015, I am going to participate in Charlie McDonnell's Don't Break The Chain movement. I have 2 charts, one for studying for at least half an hour every weekday and the other for leisure activities like blogging and designing in no particular order every Saturday and Sunday. 

4. Organise desk every week.
This is a more practical way of saying: stay organised! 

5. Run a marathon
Running builds up stamina and keeps me healthy. The annual Colour Run sounds fun to me!

There are my goals for 2015. What are yours? I would love to know them. Let's support and encourage each other okay? Here's to a great new year!


Ness :)

No comments:

Post a Comment