Friday 12 December 2014

A Design A Day, Keeps Boredom Away

Every holiday, I remind myself it is a time to recharge and get my life on track before school started. But this holiday, I lost all sense of productivity. In my mind, productivity meant getting my homework done or studying. School was out, I got to sleep for as long as I wanted to, but that was a bad thing in a way. Wake up. Eat. Play. Sleep. That was my daily schedule. and so I wanted to change it.  

It took an incredibly long amount of time for me to get "in the zone". It took away half of my holiday time. But it's never too late for a change, right? For my holiday, I challenged myself to design something every day. A Beautiful Mess' article Make Something, Anything! really inspired me to do this. (they're a pretty awesome group of people,you can check them out here.) They're not my best works,but it does get my creativity flowing and pushes me to make even better stuff. Here's my progress:

Day 1: Colourific!

This is a silly name, I know. But this made a pretty cool pattern when I was messing around with some geometric shapes. The triangles aren't aligned properly and the colour scheme clashes in a way. I need some help on designing patterns. Any tips?

Day 2: Don't Break The Chain



This calendar was inspired by Charlie Mcdonell's video Don't Break The Chain which he shares a productivity tip that he learnt from Jerry Seinfeld. I figured i could give this a go and made my own calendar. I wish I had a grid though, it would be much neater.

Day 3: Leo Valdez Quote









I designed these for my best friend Megan that loves the Percy Jackson series. She's the daughter of Hades and her favourite character is Nico De Angelo. I think this is a funny take on Spider Man's quote "with great power comes great responsibility".

Day 4: My blog banner!




This is my favourite thing I've designed so far. This blog is a representation of who I am as a person and creativity describes it. Everything was made using geometric shapes. The "hello" was written by me using a brush then scanned into my computer,edited as an overlay. I can pick out some mistakes here and there like the weird looking keyboard but I am very proud of this one.

That feeling of seeing your visions come alive is one of my favourite things in life, I wonder what else my mind has in store? 

No comments:

Post a Comment